Goal ticket

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

The truth about vacation

Hi friends! My sister has been nagging me to update my blog, so here goes.

I want to start off by saying I'm taking a temporary break from Body Revolution. I have every intention of finishing this out, but I lost momentum when I went to London for Easter, and I never fully got back in the swing of things before I returned to London in May. Now that I'm back, I have about a month and a half to train for my first 5k, so I AM working out, but I have been focusing on running so that I don't really embarrass myself.

Now let's talk about vacation. I'm a huge fan of The Biggest Loser, and they always have the episodes when the contestants go away somewhere and the trainers preach about how going on vacation doesn't mean letting yourself go...but really, what's the fun in that? Half the point of going on vacation is taking a break from life. Taking a break from EVERYTHING. I told myself that when I went to London, I was going to let myself live of the edge for a bit! So, for two weeks I didn't work out, I drank, and I ate what I wanted. And then the guy I was seeing dumped me via email while I was away, which gave me license to eat as many cupcakes as I wanted to.

The day I left for London, I was at the lowest weight I have seen in.....forever.

The day I got back from London, I was at the lowest weight I had seen in forever...plus 11 lbs.

That's right friends, I gained ELEVEN POUNDS in London. And now I finally realize why the BL trainers preach what they do...it's totally not worth it. I fully believe it's possible to have an amazing vacation and make smart choices, I just didn't try. Now I'm paying for it. AND I REGRET IT.

So I've been home two weeks, and I'm down 6lbs, but still up 5lbs overall. Not proud of it, but blogging is all about being honest about the choices we've made and the setbacks we've encountered, and I'm hoping that someone reading this will keep this in mind when they go on their summer vacation.

Anyway, it's nice to be back in the swing of things, and I hope you'll all keep checking in even while I'm not doing the body revolution. I promise I will keep blogging, and my current plan is to restart phase 2 at the beginning of August once the 5k is over and done with.

3 comments:

  1. Hey lady! Welcome back. Sounds like you had a great time in London overall. Sorry about the breakup though. Looking hot is the best revenge, right? Sounds like you're back on track already and making good choices. I hope to see more from you as that 5k approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there! It is so good to hear from you. I am sorry to hear about the breakup -- and over email while you were out of the country? That is pretty low.

    You sound like you are resolved to move forward. That is fantastic! I've had some similar experiences, which I've been blogging about. I had to bail on BR the last 2 weeks (ugh), and have needed to focus more on running. I, too, have gained a bunch of weight back and am getting my head back in the game to make more good choices than poor choices. This is life, after all, and we aren't going to be perfect. We just have to be consistent with those good choices & it will pay off!

    Looking forward to hearing from you more often. Welcome back to the blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back!

    First of all, screw the idiot who broke up with you over email while you were away.

    Now that that's out of the way, I'm really glad that you're both blogging again, and that you were willing to share with us what happened while you were away. I think that's such a universal thing to run into when you're on vacation. It's seriously awesome that you got right back to work, though. So many people would have let that little set back lead them off course permanently, so major props for getting back on track!

    I don't think anyone will mind if you're not doing Body Revolution right now. A lot of us have wrapped up our 90 days and have moved on to other things (or, in my case, just started BR over) but I still love reading everyone's blogs to see how things are going for them. I'd love to hear all about your 5k!

    ReplyDelete