Goal ticket

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day #29

Where's day #28? Well....I just realized that somewhere along the way (probably when I was re-doing things) that I screwed up my day count.

Today I started Phase 2. Workout #5.

Now, the question that's been on everyone's mind...is Jillian trying to kill us?

The answer is yes.

Ok, now that I've gotten past that....I survived. There are parts that I found easier than others. She starts us off with a series of chaturangas, a yoga move that is no stranger to me. In fact, my beloved yoga instructor probably has me perform roughly 300 of these in her hour long class, so doing 4 in a row was a breeeeeze.

As you probably know, I'm still struggling with military push-ups...I can seriously only do 1, then I need to do the modified on-the-knees push-ups. She expands on military push-ups in this disc where she has you do a push-up then go into side plank. I struggled finding fluidity with this move because it's much more difficult to go into a side plank (which I can do no problem) from a modified push-up. Note to self: master push-ups. And regular planks.

Which leads me into another death sentence: mountain climber. Get in plank and then move your feet like your climbing a mountain. It was pretty gruesome.

Do I have you excited for disc #5 yet?

Let's talk about crab! Probably my least favorite move from her previous workouts. Well it's back again. Only this time she makes you raise a leg in the air. Lots of burning. Lots and lots of burning. I mostly did it which surprised me...I had to take a couple 2 second breaks and go back into the easier crab pose (man oh man I never thought I'd be calling that "easier"), but I got through it and I'm guessing this one will get easier in time.

The rest of the moves I rocked at. My best one was probably the one leg squat/weight raise due to my superior balance. She recommends a medium weight on that one but I think next time I'll go with the highest I have, I didn't struggle with it at all.

Definitely lots of poses in this one that she makes you hold while doing something else with weights where your leg muscles shake and you think you're going to just collapse...but once you get through that it's bearable :-)

I also want to just take a minute and do a quick shout-out to my readers! Thank you so much for all of your kind words and support, I got the best comment tonight on my Saturday post and it really was so uplifting and made me want to keep rocking out at these workouts even more -

"I've been creeping on your blog, trying to decide if I want to spend the money on this program. Of all the blogs people pointed to, yours is the best (and most informative!) And... way to go! I think you've convinced me to get it. But I'm gonna keep on creeping, if that's okay. :)"

So to coolallison and anyone else who's been following along without commenting...thanks for reading, I'm happy you're here!!

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog via my fitness pal. I have Jillian's body revolution and have been slacking making excuses for myself. Reading your blog the past few days has really helped me to realize how do-able BR is and how much I need to get my butt kicked into shape because I will never achieve my goals with excuses. Thanks for your amazing motivation!

    -razzledazzle

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I'm doing this workout tonight. I'm excited and nervous but mostly excited. Thanks for the preview!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with military push-ups, too. I can do one with good form, and maybe squeak out another one with not-so-perfect form, and then to the knees I go. I can definitely do more on my knees than I could at teh start of the program, so I know my core strength is improving, but I also know that Jillian wants me up on those toes! If you figure out how to conquer push-ups and planks, please share the secret!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this Phase sounds fun...keep pushing it, you are like my looking glass, a crystal ball if you will.

    ReplyDelete