Goal ticket

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day #31 & Day #32

I have a confession.

A very embarrassing confession that I am ashamed of.

Yesterday was day #31 and after all that crap I said on Monday about "no excuses" I didn't work out. And truth be told...I don't even have a good reason!!! I started playing "draw something", an app for smart phones...and I got so sucked in that seriously hours had passed before I realized what happened. And then it was late and time for bed. So, I did NOT do cardio 2 as planned.

Today was day #32 and I was supposed to do workout #5....well....I'm not a big fan of messing up the plan, so rather than continuing to have a week that is off schedule, I decided to pay for my sins of yesterday immediately today.

So, this evening after work I met a dear friend of mine for some frozen yogurt and pow wowing, and then when I got home I got right down to business.

Cardio 2 immediately followed by Workout 5. I'm not going to lie - this sequence sucked. Sucked. SUCKED. Don't ever do it. Learn from me - don't skip workouts! Do them on the day you're supposed to so you don't have to play catch up later.

Now, since this was also my first time doing Cardio 2, let me say a few words about it. It's not actually that bad. For most of the workout I thought to myself "hmmm, this is almost easier than Cardio 1". I retracted that thought when we got to the burpees.

Burpees are the fitness world's version of hell.

For real.

On the first circuit I killed myself on the burpees and got burned out immediately, so for the 2nd two circuits I just vowed I would take them slowly at my own pace and see how many I could fit in. I did 6 the 2nd time and then 7 the 3rd time. So, I think I'll just keep at it like that, and hopefully by week 4 of phase 2 I'll be doing many many more!!

And it's late now so I am going to go to bed and rest my more achy muscles.

5 comments:

  1. Man, this is just the week for embarrasment, huh?

    I can't emphasize enough how much you rock for doubling up your workout. I'm sure it absolutely sucked, but it's awesome that you made it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job getting it all in! The burners are tough but she does fewer eah circuit so that helps. I forget how many are in the first go around but by the last she's down to 9. I personally hate the pliƩ jumps. They hurt me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is in the air this week?!?! Seriously...seems like we are all struggling more than our fair share.

    Congrats on doubling-up & getting right back on track. That is fantastic! And I'm delighted to hear that outside of the burpees, Cardio 2 is better than Cardio 1. Because I really hate Cardio 1...it hasn't gotten any better!! LOL

    And yes, I agree that burpees are indeed the fitness world's version of hell. Who posted the picture showing that the number of people who "like" burpees (a la Facebook) is 0?? I have to go find that now. HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found it: http://meghansbodyrevolution.blogspot.com/2012/03/out-with-bang.html

    Thanks, Meghan, for the most awesome picture EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright girl... first, you inspired me because I skipped my workout on Thursday, so Friday I went for a run AND did a workout video. Second... I just placed my order for Body Revolution. (I don't know that it posts as coolallison anymore since I joined blogspot but... I'm coolallison.)

    ReplyDelete