Goal ticket

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Monday, March 26, 2012

Day #30

Today was a crrrrrazy day!

I'm going to keep this post in line with this season's theme of The Biggest Loser - "No Excuses".

When we have busy days it's really easy to let that be the reason not to work out.

Today I got up at 5:30, got ready to leave, hit the road just after 7 to head to the garage to drop my car off for the brakes to get looked at. From there, a friend was waiting to pick me up and then drop me off at the courthouse for my second go at jury duty. This round was slightly more exciting than the first stint, I actually got brought to the courtroom and saw the jury selection process, but my number was too high and I didn't get selected for that trial. I was returned to the jury pool room, and after A LOT of sitting and waiting, we were told that the remaining case that still needed a jury ended up having the defendant plead guilty so we were released.

Now...I didn't have a car, and my car wasn't ready yet, so I ended up walking in 4 inch stilettos and not enough cold weather gear (really needed something for my ears) from the courthouse to my college campus/sorority house. Days like today made me really glad that even though it's been almost 6 years since I graduated, I'm still so involved that I know almost all of the girls and they were happy to let me into the house and hang with me for a bit until I got the call for my car. It ended up being ready right at closing time, 5pm, so a few of the sisters took a ride to drop me off at the garage so I could collect it.

Instead of going home and relaxing, my sister and brother-in-law had to run an errand tonight and so I volunteered to help out and come babysit for my 1 year old niece. I knew that I'd end up here for probably 4-5 hours, plus a 1 hour drive on each end, so clearly working out was not in the cards.

Or was it?

After I got my car back I had to make a quick detour home to let my dog out and feed her dinner, so I also quickly changed into some workout gear, threw an old yoga mat into a bag, grabbed a set of heavy dumb bells and my resistance cable, and phase 2 dvds. Drove to my sisters, hung out with my niece for awhile, and right after I put her to bed I got to work!!!!! I have to say...aside from the fact that weights are heavy, this is a relatively portable program. Definitely something that could be taken along and done on a vacation as long as there was no flying involved (I don't even know how many pairs of shoes I would need to sacrifice to bring 16 lbs worth of weights in a suitcase).

And finally, on to the workout #5 review. I'm feeling it big time right now, but it went by extremely fast. In fact, when it was over, I was confused, I thought there was going to be a whole other circuit. So that's a good sign.

There were three moves I couldn't do 100% -

1) Plank bicep curls. I think that's what they were called. Well we've established a running theme of how I suck at plank and all plank related things. I struggled with this one, had to take it to my knees
2) Superman with weights. I'll try this again at home. She said to do it with your lightest weights, but since I only brought one set with me (my heaviest), my arms literally were incapable of leaving the ground. I just did the modified version without weights.
3) Windshield wipers. Wow. I just don't have the core strength for this one. I definitely couldn't bring my feet all the way down to the ground.

Also, for those looking forward to making running man a thing of the past once they finish phase 1....it's baaaack! Jillian makes it a cardio interval this time around. Seemed significantly easier when it's on its own rather than back-to-back with other cardio so I flew threw it no problem.

There are definitely lots of twisting and jumping and balancing in this one, however those are the things I'm good at so I didn't struggle much. Lost my balance a few times doing the one legged bent row and statue of liberties, but I was able to bounce back pretty quickly and not lose the rhythm.

I hear cardio 2 is really good, so looking forward to checking that out tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. :::virtual high five::: great job making yourself a priority and fitting your workout in no matter what!

    (Also: Damn you Jillian! Running Man is going to haunt me in my grave).

    ReplyDelete